Knock, knock….I wonder who that could be! Its Winter and she’s knocking at our door, do you know what that means? It’s time to get your house or place of business ready for the cold. Here are a few things that you can do to help save on your heating bill this winter:
- Have a professional look over your heater to make sure its running at 100%. If you have a gas fired heated, make sure the technician checks your vent pipe or chimney for cracks and leaks to help keep carbon monoxide from entering your home.
- Replace your air filters every 45-60 days to help keep fresh clean air passing through your home.
- Check doors and windows for tight seals, the smallest draft can cause your heater to run more. Make sure all windows are in the locked position to ensure a tighter seal.
- Seal all exterior wall outlets and light switches with foam or foam covers to keep the cold out.
- Keep your thermostat set at one setting whenever possible, this keeps all of the room contents at the same temperature and means less work for your heater.
I hope these tips help keep the green in your pocket when the white is on the ground.
P.S. Remember that October is Fire prevention month, so lets replace those smoke detector batteries!